Thursday, August 13, 2009





We are now court approved, certified parents to David and Ashley. It took one hour and fifteen minutes and up to this point had seemed like a lifetime. About the only question that the judge asked me was "Do you know how to make Borsche ?(the traditional soup of Ukraine-you eat it everyday, almost like us eating bread with our meal), in which I truthfully replied -"No, your Honor." Then he said that Larissa (the director of the orphanage) should teach me before I leave Ukraine. Otherwise the questions were pretty much routine. If everything works out we may be home on Saturday, August 29. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how-all you tech people,don't laugh!!!!!! Today is a glorious,wonderful day that God has given us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri and Andy
Ashley and David

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I can't imagine court being that long after our 20 minute experience!! So happy for you all. Bill wanted me to tell you that the reason for going to the Waffle House first is that it was the only place open at 5:00 am.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,
    This is wonderful news. Things seem to be going well. I will try and call soon. The kids started school today so my work schedule is more definite.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri,
    This is such great news! I am so glad it is working our so quickly and easily for you and the kids! Answered prayers finally I know!
    I am praying for a great experience and a quick trip to get back home! Let me know if you need anything or if I can help in any way!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND THE KIDS, I BET THEY ARE SMILING ALL OVER THEIRSELVES. I SEE YOUR HOUSE ALMOST EVERY DAY WHEN I RUN, EVERYTHING LOOKS NORMAL. CAN I DO ANYTHING FOR YOU? HAVE YOU SEEN M? IM PRAYING FOR RECORD TIME TO GET HOME. I LOVE YOU!!
    LYNN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is just the beginning...your 4 year wait was the introduction. I pray that the rest will go smoothly and that God will continue to direct your paths. He is so good. I was wondering if you were able to contact Anna and Nicholi. I have her number. I will try to skype you and get it to you. Her English is pretty good, so you shouldn't need a translator.
    Love,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is good! We are so happy for you. I hope that you hurry home so that we can see you all.
    Congratulations.

    Jerry and Amanda

    ReplyDelete