Monday, August 3, 2009

Today we awoke to the most beautiful, sunny, cool and one of the most special days ever in our lives. My friends know that I love to iron, so this morning I set up the iron, put on a cd of 70's music on my walkman ( yes, I said walkman- I don't have an ipod and don't want one-our kids just roll theirs eyes at my and Andy's inability to catch up with all the technology) and just ironed away. My friends also tell me I must be nuts in loving to iron but I tell you it is a very calming , don't have to think about anything activity and in the end you look nice! I also enjoyed my single folgers coffee bags (like tea bags) this morning, tasted like fresh brewed! Our facilitator picked us up at 9:00 to head to the office for our first appointment that iniates the process of adoption. Of course we were nervous, after all it has taken 4 years and we just didn't want anymore delays. It took all of 10 minutes and boom, ready to go. Hopefully we will leave in the morning to head to see the kids and begin the next steps to complete the adoption. Andy is out running as I type this and I am going to put my walking sandals on and enjoy the rest of the day in beautiful Kiev and enjoy the fact that I am about to become a new mom and add to our family. Wow, mom of 5 children and grandmother of 1-I love it!

Love,
Terri

5 comments:

  1. Been anticipating this post!!!! I know it is a wonderful feeling. Bask in it today! Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooooo, did you take an iron with you?

    I need details.... what happened in the 10 minute appointment?

    Scott wants to know what the reaction from Ukrainians is when they see Andy running by. Scott will probably be doing push-ups at the bus stops. He's kinda like Andy, in that he can't go without exercise. And, I know he won't spend $300. :)

    Absolutely love hearing that you are enjoying yourselves. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a hippo, small elephant, oh it is just a LARGE AMERICAN - get out of the way. I need some Andy stories!!Anything? I am so happy for you. I bet the kids are sooo excited. Thanks for the updates. We all are anxiously awaiting every detail. Love you, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you have to be a computer expert to make a comment! Just call Kim Thomas she can help. HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, as far as technology, I think I am worse than you. At least you can attach a picture to facebook, blog, etc.
    We have been looking forward to this day with you and can't believe it is finally here!!!! The Kemp's are praying with you each day. My kids can't wait to talk to your kids.
    Blessings and Godspeed!!!

    ReplyDelete