Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It has been a very busy 2 days. We were able to get our referral early yesterday instead of waiting the whole day and we were able to leave at 2:00 p.m. to drive to Zap. Sasha drove us and those who have have had the pleasure of riding with him can understand when I say that it seemed like a flash and we were in Zap. We arrived about 8:30 p.m. to a thunderstorm. Our friend Nina took us over to our apartment and it is so nice. We met Nina at 9:00 a.m. to begin the process and what a day it has been. Now, you have to meet and be interviewed by some official, not the inspector, in which it lasted about an hour. Then he gave the approval and off we went with the inspector to the orphanage. The kids were brought back from camp to meet us at the orphanage. It has been a year since we saw them last and I tell you it was so emotional for Andy and I. After we had hugged and kissed them for awhile we all sat down in the directors office and spent about 45 minutes going through the questions and answers from the kids and finally each was asked if they wanted us as their Father and Mother and yes was the answer!!!! Our new son had his named picked out along time ago but our new daughter was not decided before we came . So we asked each of our 3 children to give us a name and middle name for her and we would present and let her choose . So from here on out our kids will be called David Joseph Garver and Ashley Lynn Garver. We have notarized all the papers today and tomorrow they will be submitted to the court for a court date. We should know something tommorrow afternoon. I have no Andy stories to tell, he was absolutely laid back and carefree. Until tomorrow-tell somebody you love them!

Terri and Andy
David and Ashley

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Andy named her after me. I am so excited. I am sitting here crying thinking about your reunion. I am praying for the quickest journey yet. I miss ya'll and praying daily. I love yall,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, I had strawberry cake at Edgar's today, and I thought of you!

    When you said that you "asked each of your 3 children" about a name, I had to keep reading. I thought maybe you had found another one somewhere along the way!

    I love the names. I think she looks like an Ashley. I can't believe that you named her after Lynn Gully! ---no offense Lynn---

    Don't forget that you have to kiss the judge on his bald head when it's over with. :)

    I anxiously await each and every post. Keep them coming.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited I am about to pop!!! I am as excited as I was when we went to get Jake!!!!I am feeling that you guys will have the shortest wait in Ukraine!!! The names are perfect and I wish I could have seen their precious faces they saw you. Jake is so excited - he asks everyday when you are coming home! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sister and brother in-law, great news, I just read your latest post...I am so excited to have one more nephew and another niece. Love the names by the way! Hugs and Kisses...and GOD HAS BLESSED YOU ALL....keeping you all in my prayers, and keep the good news coming!
    I love ya,
    Shely

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a great feeling when they say yes. It takes me back. Big Chocalatae' will be proud. I am so happy for you. Praying for a quick court date and return to the USA. Andy e-mail your SKYPE name for me. Ukraine has a way of keeping you laid back.BAKA!

    Jerry

    PS Andy- First practice in 1 hr

    ReplyDelete