Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hi everyone,
Okay-we are down to our last hours before court. I wasn't really ever convinced that I would be able to say that. I think maybe I can describe the feeling like the hours before you get married or hours before you give birth or any big event in my life. It is filled with so many emotions. We are all a little nervous here but mostly so excited. The kids have grown so much. When I first met them and they would hug me that really hugged around my waist. Now it is a hug around my neck! In some ways time has stood still-their smiles remind me of 4 years ago when they were little people. Ashley is almost as tall as me-she has the most angelic face, she wants to help me with everything, of course I love it that she likes to help in the kitchen! And D.J.-he still loves sports, has such a sweet heart toward me and Andy and those dimples. Nina says that the kids nose looks just like Andy's. To me everything about their looks are like Andy's. Andy's grandmother was from Kiev on his father's side and I believe his mothers side also were from Ukraine so who knows maybe the kids are really blood related. But for four long years they have been heart related to us because the first time I layed eyes on them, they had my heart-and that is what family is all about!

Good night from Ukraine,
Terri

3 comments:

  1. Terri and Andy, I am so excited that court is tomorrow! I will be thinking of you all day! Thanks for the reminder a few days a go of how God carries us and takes care of our kids as they leave home. Your blog is great and I enjoy reading it! After my long journey back from Starribilsk everyday, I unwind by putting my pictures on the computer. Weird, huh? I'm so glad that everything is going smoothly and QUICKLY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day you will have. It relly brings back memories. I really enjoy the blog. We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Terri, no tears!
    Vica says BAKA to that computer girl

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri and Andy--

    I am praying for you as I go to bed tonight. I know that Terri is up early and anxious about court. I am specifically praying that (1) God will calm all nerves and (2) the people of Ukraine will see the glory of God through you.

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete