Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It seems like all we do here is eat and alot of food! Today we went to lunch with Nina, Yana, and two friends of Nina's-very nice people I would like to add, and they treated us to lunch at an Armenian Restaurant. It was really good, alot of grilled meats and even the potatoes were grilled-oh yum! Of course for desert, ice cream. Julie Haas, if you are reading this you would love to be here because everyday it is ice cream for our treats! Late this afternoon we decided to take a walk and as I was brushing my hair, my son looked at me and said "Mom, you are beautiful" I tell you it melted my heart! There is not a day goes by that Ashley and David tells us they love us. It reminds me that there isn't a day that goes by that God tells us He loves us, I just wonder if maybe we don't listen and hear Him saying this. I would like to wish my mother, Janice Martin and my niece Jeanne Lauren Gore a very Happy Birthday today! How special to share a birthday. I would also like to tell my friend Suzette that I wish for comfort from God for her and her family and for for peace in the days ahead with her circumstances here in Ukraine. Good luck for James and Kevin starting classes at college tomorrow. Allison, give my sweet baby Ben a big hug from his Gigi. Hello to our friends and everybody have a great day.

Terri

4 comments:

  1. We are so happy for y'all!! David and Ashley look just like Garvers. After all you've gone through, it makes me wonder if these efforts were made to reunite you with your long lost children. We can't wait until you're back in Birmingham. Until then, one constructive criticism--you should start your posts with the identity of the person writing. I read Andy's top ten list, then scrolled to the next post--it starts with "tech savvy"--sounds like Andy; doing laundry--sounds like Andy; wants to clean the bathroom--Andy; great girlfriend talk--now I'm wondering; and then its signed by Terri. Just a suggestion--remove the mystery early. Bo is doing great and loves sleeping in your bed. Safe travels and see you soon.
    David McKnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Garvers!!! I have been in the hospital few several days and just now got to where I could check everything out. I want you to know that I am sooooo happy that all is rolling along and finally the courts caught up with your hearts! Give Ashley and David the biggest hugs from us and tell them we can't wait until they are home! I am soooo happy for you all! Tell Yana that I send my love and that I miss her. I knew when you mentioned treats it would be ice cream. I just can't tell you how thrilled I am for you guys and the kids look wonderful!!!!!! Hurry home!! Jan Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Garver clan! Just getting caught up on your blog, and I am so glad that everything is going well. It must be nice to go around on boat rides and have cookouts- I wouldn't know since we have always been when it's freezing! I am so jealous. It sounds like the kids are doing great. Please give Yana, Marina and Nina all our love. We really do miss them. We'll be praying that you make it home by the end of the month. That would be wonderful. Give the kids hugs for me!
    Love you all,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shout out. I found a place in Tuscaloosa last week that has 99 cent gelatto every Wednesday so that pretty much makes my year! I am so glad that your family has grown and that you guys will be coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete