Monday, August 17, 2009

Today was the big day for the kids to get bloodwork. Some of my friends have heard the stories of when I get bloodwork and the many times I have fainted. I recall one in particular when Allison and Kevin were young and went for check ups. Luckily Andy was with us because the Doctor wanted a little blood work from them. They didn't flinch or cry or anything, but Mama couldn't take looking at their little arms with a needle inserted and so I hit the floor. I was the one laid out on a stretcher while they looked at me with faces of "What are you doing Mom-we're the ones being stuck here" I have gotten better over the years and these times are less frequent for me, but today I didn't have to face these two children being stuck. Yanna took them back to the lab and behind the big white door I could hear Ashley letting out a big yell but everything turned out fine and she and David came out into the waiting room with smiles on their faces. After that we all went to the PowWow Restaurant. This afternoon we have been in the apartment and will just hang out and watch movies.
Hope you have a great Monday and we are counting the days until we can come home!!

Terri

2 comments:

  1. Terri,
    Sounds like things are going well. Glad the blood work and tests are over. I hope the nexts days will pass quickly for you.
    Take Care,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sis, sorry I haven't posted in a few days...I am so proud of you! Not only have you learned how to send smiley faces and use stationary on our emails to each other,NOW you can post pics too!! WELCOME TO 2009!!!!! LOL..... ANYWAYS my niece and nephew look great tell them both I can not wait for the both of them to come back to my home and we can have many days sitting around while they help brush up on my Russian language...Boy does D.J look like he was born as a Garver and Ashley reminds me alot of our lovely sister,Donna when she was young. Well as you already know today is Mom and Jeanne's b'day so I am checking Jeanne out of school,picking Mom up and doing lunch at the Bright Star for lunch.Yes, I will think of you while we are enjoying that great food....And Andy I don't blame him if he eats at Mickey D's for the rest of the time in the Urkaine. So is it still looking like August 29th when ALL OF YOU come home for good? Gotta get off the computer and get ready for the bday luncheon so hope to hear back from you soon,I love you all!!!! XXXOOO
    Shely...........................


    P.S.---- Your Mom wants a pic of her on my donkey,EMMA GRACE,for her 67th b'day....Hurry Home I Need Your Help With Her, She Has Gotten Out Of Control....

    ReplyDelete