Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today was a very cool day. We stayed around the apartment today until around 4:30,then we met Marina to go to a soccer game, but first we went to a very good restaurant, I can't remember the name. The game started about 7:00 and it was about 64 degrees. The soccer team is a professional team and they played Poltova. It was so funny because they had what reminded me of a student section at a college football game and they were cheering that they are the big city players and Poltova is just a little village team. They were wild,cheering and really supporting the team. Don't tell Andy but I kinda enjoyed the game. Maybe I am just delirious about now. I am not sure if they won, we left with twenty minutes left but Zap was winning. We met Marina's boyfriend Tolik and really liked him. Marina is very special to Andy and I and so we proudly announced to her that her American parents approved! We then walked to McDonalds after the game and tried to warm up. It really is good to spend time with our friends here and time passes by quicker. This morning as I was doing a devotional time, I kept going back to the times that we had seen the kids over the past 4 years and having to say good bye, to let them go. Those times I know many of us have shared together as we watched those little ones get on a plane or maybe we were here in Ukraine and had to leave them. In particular I remember those times with my friend Lynn Gully maybe because we were always standing beside each other at the airport but we always left arm in arm, crying all the way home. At times, I have a really bad back and one time when Ashley visited and was about 6 she started to cry even before we could make it to security so what did I do but pick her up and carry her the rest of the way until I had to let her go. It just reminded me of how God carries us, how He lovingly picks us up in our darkest despair and gives us such comfort. I know that there are alot of us Moms who are letting go of our babies who are going off to college. I have let go 3 times with my children, each time is hard and scary just like the times I had to let go with our children here but I know that God is right there to pick us, to comfort us, to take our children and lead them on to the next journey in life. It was hard to let Ashley go that day but God protected her and I know my friends that he will protect our ones going on to college or just going on with their lives because I know how you have sincerely prayed for your children and mine and God hears a mommas prayer.There is no greater joy than to be a Mom!

Love yall,
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Terri, Ande and the kids,
    Hey guys. I'm just catching up with your blog. Busy week and now kidney stones... oh well. I am so excited that you have the kids. And you will have an Ashley, too. How sweet. Please give both of them hugs and kisses for me. Can't wait to have them over... we'll all have limeade!
    Please give Marina and Nina our love.
    Love you,
    Paula Underwood

    ReplyDelete