Monday, August 31, 2009

This will be our last blog here in Ukraine. We will be home tomorrow night at 6:30 pm on Delta in to Birmingham (from Atlanta) We are so very excited. We are staying very close to the underground mall and tonight we walked there and the kids said they wanted Ukrainian food for the last time. I promised I would learn how to make borsche, David doesn't like the red base just white borsche so if anyone has a good receipe for me please send my way. Ashley really doesn't like borsche, she likes the cold soups as she says- so I probably need help there too. I really hate saying goodbye anytime to anyone- so it was really good to visit our good friends Marina, Nina and Yana and they helped us so much with the adoption and were so close to the kids over the last 4 years, but it was really hard to say goodbye. Of course I cried. Tonight we said goodbye to Sasha, he is not only our facilitator but our very good friend and a very Godly man . I often tell him that he is my brother (I didn't have brothers only two sisters) and so I would like to thank him for helping to make the adoption possible, for listening to me with all of my frustrations over the last 4 years and not once did he ever leave me with a discouraging word that there was not hope of adopting. I would also like to thank my family and friends for also listening and praying for us. Good night from Ukraine.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment