Monday, August 24, 2009

Could we possibly be down to our last week in Ukraine? Tommorrow begins our adventure to obtain birth certificates, tax id, and passports. Hopefully we will get this all done in one day-their birth certificates are here in Zaporhoyzha-good thing! It really is a process but depending on what time tomorrow we can get the neccessary documents to the passport office will determine when we may be able to come home. It will either be Saturday or Tuesday. We will travel to Kiev on Wednesday and stay until we come home. Yesterday we spent the day with Suzette and Alexandra and of course we had to make our McDonald's stop. After that we all went to the soccer fields and while David played with some boys that were there, we all sat around and talked about Mexican food! We decided we would have a party when we get home with a Mexican theme. Alexandra said her mother makes a mean fresh salsa dip. We finally had to stop talking about it because we knew there wasn't a Taco Bell in site here. (Hey, who likes Taco Bell anyway, but we would have walked right in if there was one here) Last night we had dinner with Sasha, Nina, Suzette, Alexandra and two sweet Moms from Anniston. On the way home, David asked me if we were going to adopt more children like Mrs. Kim Kemp. I said no just him and Ashley for us to which he replied that when he grew up he would come back here and adopt children into his family. Wow-life is so sweet!

Have a great Monday!
Terri

2 comments:

  1. Terri and Andy,
    You are in the home stretch now! I'm sorry I've been off my computer a few days, so I'm just getting caught up on everything. Please give David a big belated birthday hug for me. He was so little when we met him- I can't believe he's 14! I'm glad you all had a good weekend. We are really looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Chris has asked several times when David will be home. And Lily was sad that Ashley was not at her birthday party this year, but she already told me that she's going to invite her next August! How sweet! We love you all!
    Paula Underwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terri,
    Wow! So happy things are continuing to go smoothly. I know you are happy to see some folks from home. I hope these next few days will pass quickly for you. Hope you are home soon! Look forward to talking to you.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete